[elephant-devel] Re: recreate-instance-using-class

Alex Mizrahi killerstorm at newmail.ru
Tue Jan 8 16:08:11 UTC 2008

 IE> our learning.  My guess is that getting all this right can best be
 IE> accomplished by rationally designing all the functionality from
 IE> scratch, and rewrite the persistence protocol as necessary to
 IE> accommodate the new design.

the way it was working before "the patches" seemed to be more-or-less
consistent to me.
at least it wasn't that confusing..

initialize-instance wasn't very pretty, but at least it was possible to make
it working as it should.
it seems reasonable to me that users who need distinguish initial creation
from re-creation can check this in their code and act accordingly.

separate generic function for transient initialization might look cleaner,
but it can seem more complicated to users..