[elephant-devel] Trouble compiling Elephant on SBCL

Luis Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 18:42:58 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm getting a strange error when trying to compile Elephant using SBCL:

  unknown operator in feature expression: (#:|#.759|).
     [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

I couldn't pin down where exactly that error is coming from but it seems
to happen towards the end of the file because this is the warning that
precedes it:

  ; caught STYLE-WARNING:
  ;   redefining NEW-STYLE-COPY-P in DEFUN

Pushing :ELEPHANT-WITHOUT-OPTIMIZE to *FEATURES* made the problem go
away, though I'm just starting to use it so all I can say is that
OPEN-STORE using CLSQL/SQlite3 works. :-) Here's my system info, in case
it turns out to be relevant:

  $ uname -a
  Darwin pomajxego 8.11.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.11.0:
  Wed Oct 10 18:26:00 PDT 2007; root:xnu-792.24.17~1/RELEASE_PPC
  Power Macintosh powerpc

  $ sbcl --version
  SBCL 1.0.12.15

Also, I'm using the darcs version from a few hours ago:

  Fri Dec  7 19:54:02 WET 2007  alex.mizrahi at gmail.com
    * db-postmodern: optimized map-index for -by-value case

HTH

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/