[elephant-devel] New cache for elephant postmodern

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Sat Oct 13 17:04:23 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-13 at 15:48 +0200, Henrik Hjelte wrote:
> > 1)  Is the new feature configurable?  That is, if I don't want to
> set up
> > any cron jobs, will everything still work out-of-the-box, even if I
> > might not get the benefit of this caching?
> Yes it is configurable, disabled by default.

OK, that is very important.  Since it is configurable, it seems safe to
integrate, and of course a performance enhancement is a welcome
addition.

I think Ian and I, and the everyone else, should think about our next
release.  I've been using the postmodern version (now in the head) for
some time without a problem.

Here is a proposal:

1) We make a release now, without the caching stuff.
2) We integrate the caching stuff, and I (and others) can try using it,
and if it all seems stable we can do it in the next release.

This might depends on where Ian stands with whatever he has been working
on.