[elephant-devel] Key dangers.

William Halliburton whalliburton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 03:12:04 UTC 2006

I am new so this is probably old news. Maybe need to place warning in manual
under btrees.

Not a bug, just a pain in the a...

Been tracking a wierd behavior when I was using (get-value str *db*) and I
could not get out what I put in.

Tracked it down to the keys being of different string types. One of
simple-base-string and the other of (simple-array character).

(setf (get-value (namestring #p"asd") *db*) "foo")

(get-value "asd" *db*) -> NIL

Section 2.9 mentions that the BTrees hash on value via the serialization and
i'm sure that the two string type serialize differently. Maybe a line like:

"Hashing on strings of different types will result in separate hash
entries."

Thank you,
William Halliburton