[elephant-devel] Is there any reason not to develop a Postgresql back-end?

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Tue Sep 13 20:04:24 UTC 2005

I am considering extending Elephant to allow the use of Postgresql as
well as Berkeley-db.
This would make the use of Elephant easier to use for those users who
are not developing an
open-source solution and do not wish to pay for an Berkeley-db license.

Can anyone think of a reason I shouldn't undertake this?  Is anybody
already working on it
(or on some other Relational back-end?)

Perhaps I am naive, but I expect it to take about two weeks.

----
Robert L. Read, PhD                                     read &T
robertlread.net
Consider visiting Progressive Engineering:
http://robertlread.net/pe
In Austin: 912-8593                                        "Think
globally, Act locally." -- RBF