[elephant-devel] Elephant 0.3.0 released

Robert L. Read read at robertlread.net
Wed Nov 23 20:09:41 UTC 2005

Elephant 0.3.0 is now released.

The following capsule has been added to the introduction section of the
documentation, which
has alarge section describing the extensions in this release:

This release, Elephant 0.3, also provides support for relational
backends. It has been tested with Postgres and SQLite 3. It is back-
compatible with any code that ran against previous versions of Elephant,
but also supports simultaneous multi-repository operation and convenient
migration of data between repositories. This hopefully allows decisions
about the prefered back-end storage mechanism to be delayed and changed,
even after an application that uses Elephant is mature.

* * *

This is the work that was done in the branch SQL-BACK-END, which I have
now merged into
the trunk of the projects CVS repository and tagged ELEPHANT-0-3-0.  (I
have also created a
tar file and reference in the project homepage:

http://common-lisp.net/project/elephant/

If you choose to download and try this release, please send me a note,
whether you are
successful or have problems.  At present I am capable of being very
responsive to problems
with this system.

----
Robert L. Read, PhD                                     read &T
robertlread.net
Consider visiting Progressive Engineering:
http://robertlread.net/pe
In Austin: 912-8593                                        "Think
globally, Act locally." -- RBF