[elephant-devel] Retiring

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Mar 14 19:46:57 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:35:07 -0500 (EST), Ben <ben at medianstrip.net> wrote:

> SQLLite (seems to not be that great.)

Would you care to comment on that?  I just looked at it the other day
and at first sight it seems nice.  What problems to you see?  (I
understand that it always locks the whole file but for a certain class
of projects I don't think that's a big problem.)

> Or, write an All-Lisp backend.  Copy what ZODB does (maybe
> DirectoryStorage instead of FileStorage.)  Ask me for details.

OK, I'll bite: If you could provide some details about what you think
is good in ZODB and how it should be ported to Lisp I'd be interested.

> Impossible projects:
>
> Also serialization of packages.

Maybe look at how Plob! does it.

Cheers,