[eclipse-devel] Modifier keys

Christian Lynbech christian.lynbech at ericsson.com
Mon Jun 13 10:05:08 UTC 2005

What you need to know is what modifier is generated when you use the
windows key. This can be easily tested by using the 'xev' application.

Once you know that, you can match that name against the values in

        kb::*modifier->modifier-mask*

On my machine, I have bound the windows key to META and the Alt key to
'ALT' which in eclipse parlor are the keywords :META-LEFT and
:ALT-LEFT respectively, so to set up, say, ALT+left to switch screen,
you can add something like the following to your .eclipse file:

        (define-key-combo :switch-screen-left
          :keys '(:LEFT)
          :modifiers '(:ALT-LEFT))

Christian Lynbech       | christian #\@ defun #\. dk