[eclipse-devel] How to access the running eclipse WM?

Iban Hatchondo hatchond at labri.fr
Wed Feb 4 16:35:46 UTC 2004

Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
> Well this might be easy to answer for you, but how to I access eclipse
> from within cmucl? Let's say I want to get in contact with eclipse to
> modify things like moving windows away, generatring new windows adding
> extra functions etc.

If you mean when eclipse is running on a display, then just do in a
shell or in emacs:
telnet localhost 6789
<enter "clara" as password> (with the double quotes)

and you will be dropped in a lisp session that shared its environment
with the one where eclipse runs. Then you can modify what you want to
inside. (note that eclipse is defined in a package named "ECLIPSE-INTERNAL")

Hope that helps.
Regards,
Iban.