[Ecls-list] (no subject)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 08:27:03 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Peter Enerccio <enerccio at gmail.com> wrote:

> how would I prevent the ecl from stripping all the symbol info from the
> compiled file?
> I am trying to profile code but I get zero results even when including -pg
> both in compilation flags
> and in linker flags.

ECL is doing nothing to strip the symbols. On my OS X I can perfectly debug
it without problems. I suspect that the culprit is "install". Autoconf
detects how to install a program and on some platforms it may invoke
"install" to copy the executable to its location and, at the same time,
strip the symbols. Just check INSTALL_PROGRAM in Makefile after
configuration.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC