[Ecls-list] Collecting foreign data

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 22 20:58:13 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Stanislav Frolov <frolosofsky at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank you, Matt! I just miss finalization section in the ECL manual.

I am sorry: the references had disappeared almost entirely due to an
upgrade of the manual to support Docbook 5.0. If you go back to
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ you will find again the manual
pages for ext:get-finalizer and ext:set-finalizer.

One word of warning, though: finalization has a penalty which is not to be
ignored. A more performant option might be to have a custom "new" method
that uses the garbage collector as memory manager. I believe the
Boehm-Weiser library has examples on how to combine C++ and its collector.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)