[Ecls-list] ecl on Android

Sylvain Ageneau ageneau at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 12:25:53 UTC 2011

Hi,

You should already be able to run swank with the patches at
https://github.com/ageneau/ecl-android.  It uses a somewhat outdated
patched version of slime (same as the iPhone port).

I haven't touched this in a while but I'm planing to update the
project to the latest version of ECL/slime/boehm soon.  Also Simon
Ortiz is working on adding OpenGL bindings, see his repository here:
https://github.com/o-simon/ecl-smartphones

For this to be really useful it would be nice to find a good way to
access the java API from lisp.  I added a module to connect to an SL4A
server (http://code.google.com/p/android-scripting/ ) which allows to
to access some limited functionality from an ECL instance running on
your PC, with some more work it should be possible to embed that on
the phone (although I'm not sure if it's the best way to go).

Regards,
Sylvain