[Ecls-list] Type propagation

Matthew Mondor mm_lists at pulsar-zone.net
Sat May 29 03:30:26 UTC 2010

On Fri, 28 May 2010 22:37:59 +0200
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I did this to minimize the risk of wrong optimizations and also to detect
> bugs in the proclamations and in the functions that do the guessing. I
> already spotted a few problems thanks to this policy.

Does this mean that despite a low safety level declaration, the
compiler can detect that incorrect/dangerous code would result and
assertively abort compilation in some cases?

If so, I find that this is a nice idea; would it be possible without
too much hassle to optionally enable such behavior in a future release
via a special variable setting?  It sounds like it could be a useful
feature to have at release engineering time for a project...

Thanks,
--
Matt