[Ecls-list] Problem loading clsql mysql library

Jason Cox jason at coxmountain.com
Wed Mar 10 04:12:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've been testing ECL and have been impressed with it to the point where I am considering
using it for my main lisp implementation.

I am now trying to get it setup to run some code that I have been working on with SBCL.
But, I've have ran into a problem getting the clsql mysql library to work.  I've searched the
mail list archives and it seems that ECL does work with clsql, so I'm not sure if I've set ECL
up wrong or if it does not currently work with clsql or if clbuild doesn't setup clsql to work with
ECL correctly.   I've included the output from loading it on a 64-bit Linux system with
ECL 10.3.1 below.  Also, note that it's loading clsql version 4.3.3 and the clbuild csql library is
setup and loading/running correctly with SBCL.

I'm wondering if the internal uffi is getting setup.  I've moved the uffi.asd from clbuild/systems
since it automatically setup with cffi uffi compatibility.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
-Jason

> (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op 'clsql-mysql)

; /home/jcox/srcpub/clbuild/systems/clsql-mysql.asd into #<ASDF0 package>

Cannot find the external symbol DEFAULT-FOREIGN-LIBRARY-TYPE in #<"FFI" package>.
Available restarts:

1. (RESTART-TOPLEVEL) Go back to Top-Level REPL.

Broken at FIND-SYSTEM. In: #<process SI:TOP-LEVEL 0000000000e54f60>.
 File: "ext:asdf;asdf.lisp.NEWEST" (Position #34932)
CLSQL-MYSQL-SYSTEM>>