[Ecls-list] Type propagation

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 5 10:05:25 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Alexander Gavrilov <angavrilov at gmail.com>wrote:

> > I have stripped down and reimplemented the type propagator. Right now it
> is
> > kind of stable and implements forward type propagation for most forms.
>
> I wonder how difficult might it be to add a few more primitive
> unboxed types and builtins using them?

It would be easy, just changing cmpffi.lsp to add them as C representations
of certain lisp types, and then adding inline forms for certain operations,
such as addition, subtraction etc, in cmpnum.lsp, plus some functions in the
core to convert to/from them.

But I am not sure what those types are and how well would they integrate
with their C counterparts. Are they efficient? What is their use?
Furthermore, are they not supported by GCC already via long long or long
double?

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC