[Ecls-list] Question #2

dherring at tentpost.com dherring at tentpost.com
Tue Feb 16 03:45:56 UTC 2010

> I have been asked to make FASL files incompatible between releases -- or
> even between commits if we follow Question #1 in previous email --. That
> means if a FASL is created with a given version, such as 10.2.1.124, a
> later
> version of ECL, say 10.2.1.125 should refuse to load the file.
>
> How many of you would find this problematic?

Ehh...  I guess signaling a correctable error is better than blindly
need to include the underlying compiler, OS, GC, and other configuration
options...

In the future, it would be nice if ECL could guarantee some ABI stability
between releases; but things are moving fast enough right now that
stability can come later.

- Daniel