[Ecls-list] ECL on iPhone

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 27 09:59:59 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Red Daly <reddaly at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, I still don't have all the bells and whisltes working correctly.
> My current problem is getting ASDF to properly compile into ECL.  I cannot
> get ECL to build, even for the i386 Darwin non-cross-compiled version of
> ECL, when I have ASDF enabled and the --disable-shared flag set in the
> configuration script.  [...]
> Any idea what's going on here?  The error message doesn't really tell me
> much about what's going wrong.  I am even more confused about why the
> --disable-shared flag makes any difference.

--disable-shared means you cannot compile code and load it. That is
why ASDF is not building. My question now is, does you iPhone have a C
compiler? If not then you will have to install a fake version of
COMPILE-FILE and COMPILE and try to teach ASDF to use it. It might be
a nice addition to ECL for environments without a C compiler but, as I
said, it is fake: there will be no compilation going on.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28009 (Spain)