[Ecls-list] Mingw port

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 24 16:33:37 UTC 2009

It seems to build and run with default settings. See
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/logs.html

I have set up automated testing for this port, including a
multithreaded version. Unfortunately I have to go home right now and
do not have time to see how it finishes.

Regarding the port, I did not change much. There was only _one_
problem, which is that the module called "profile" requires an
internal function from the garbage collector which is currently not
exported by the cygwin/mingwin ports. Since I do not have time to
check that in detail, I simply deactivated that module.

The cygwin port still does not build. I do not know why, but dlsym()
fails to locate the symbols in the binaries created by ECL. If someone
has time to investigate that, he/she is most welcome. For me it is now
of low priority, given that mingw and msvc ports are running.

There only remains one minor glitch with the Windows platform. That is
handling of interrupts. The MSVC port does not complete the ANSI test
suite because of one print-unreadable test that signals a SIGSEGV
error. Somehow the MSVC port is not able to capture that segmentation
fault and crashes. This does not happen with the mingw port because
handling of interrupts is based on a more robust code.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)