[Ecls-list] ASDF not following symlinks on windows

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 27 06:27:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:20 AM, Hugo Duncan <hugo_duncan at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just built ecl on windows from git, and ASDF does not seem to be following symlinks.  Truename on a .lnk file returns the .lnk file.  Am I doing something wrong?

Windows, but what platform? Cygwin, mingw or MSVC? ECL does not
include support for *.lnk files other than the one provided by the C
library it links against. *.lnk files are not treated in a standard
way in Windows, I suppose, and probably if you use the MSVC (Microsoft
Visual C++) version it will not be understood by ECL.

Juanjo