[Ecls-list] More Win32 build problems.

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 1 19:08:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 8:57 PM, Robin Lee Powell
<rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
> I just ran "./configure prefix=blah" followed by "make".  I have no
> idea who's using what or where it comes from.  The manual says this
> should be sufficient; it says nothing about requirements (of which
> there are many, by the way) nor how to select a gc.

Ok, let's be nice. Manual may say something and a particular port may
have a problem because it has been less attended.

I was just telling you what has happened and a possible reason for the
problem -- sometimes people install the boehm-weiser garbage collector
by themselves and that causes a similar problem.

Now, what I offer you is a possible solution: to configure using
--without-profile, until the reason for the error message is
discovered.

Juanjo