[Ecls-list] open :supersede and rename-file advise

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 26 21:51:16 UTC 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 10:39 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> And tell me whether there are changes in the patch file which I should
> remove, namely a change in the semantics of RENAME-FILE.

I just saw that the new semantics was implemented in your patch as an
optional, keyword argument :error, specifying whether to signal an
error whether the file exists.

I also saw that you had specific code for the Windows port. Is this
required? I mean, ECL uses rename(), a posix function. Does the
Windows implementation of rename() have a different behavior than what
posix demands, namely that it atomically replaces the destination?

Juanjo