[Ecls-list] Lisp initialization error

Dustin Long dlong at stevens.edu
Tue Nov 14 22:44:35 UTC 2006

I was actually having the same problem about a week ago. It turned out
to be a rootkit that was hooking my createThread system call, and caused
ECL to crash during startup (but only in threaded builds). I'm not
saying it's necessarily the same problem, but you might want to consider
the possibility. Although, your cygwin  (assuming that's what you're
using) seems to be running fine, which was not true in my case.