[Ecls-list] Pseudo UNIX socket for WIN32

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Fri Feb 11 09:22:08 UTC 2005

Goffioul Michael wrote:

>Attached is a further hacked version of sockets.lisp, which implements
>pseudo UNIX socket for WIN32 using named pipes. Have fun.

Hehe, now that I had almost integrated the old file sockets.lisp... :-)

BTW, a question for the unix hackers here. Julian's code had this
        sockaddr.sun_len = sizeof(struct sockaddr_un);
        sockaddr.sun_family = "some/path/to/socket";
        strncpy(&sockaddr.sun_path,#2,sizeof(sockaddr.sun_path));
        bind(#0,&sockaddr, sizeof(struct sockaddr_un));

But in many other linux-related places I find only the last two lines.
The field sun_len is gone and it only matters the  size argument that we
pass to bind(). Is the "sun_len" really required? Is it a BSD thing?

Have a nice weekend,

Juanjo