[Ecls-list] UPDATE: Embedding ECL - how?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll Juan.Ripoll at mpq.mpg.de
Tue Jan 22 05:20:04 UTC 2002

"Dr. Edmund Weitz" wrote:
> Fine! Now the questions remains: Is there an easier way call my own
> functions? I understand that something like 'clLprfac' will probably
> not be possible but is there a reliable way to find out that, say,
> PRFAC is mapped to L2? And what will happen with these mappings if I
> have more than one Lisp file?

There is a hidden feature in the compiler, which I added in order to
keep compiled code smaller. It is a special proclamation

(in-package "MYP")
(proclaim '(si::c-export-fname foo))
(defun foo (x)
...)

By compiling the code above you get a publicly defined mypLfoo() C
function which you can call. This is undocumented I cannot assure that
it will stay like that because I do not like it that much.

> PS: I guess I can answer my question about the :SYSTEM-P parameter
> myself now. Looks like it is needed to convice COMPILE-FILE to
> generate an .O file instead of an .SO file.

That's it. I am sorry I did not document this keyword argument, which is
*required* in order to produce standalone executables and libraries.

Juanjo