[Ecls-list] Embedding ECL in a portable app

Andrew Topp talmakion at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 27 20:52:03 UTC 2001

I'm writing an application (a game actually) that I'm
going to have a lisp interpreter embedded. I'll be
defining my own interfaces to manipulate the GUI and
game engine and game objects.

It uses the Crystal Space library, and is portable to
Windows (using mingw) and Linux.

What I'd like to know is, if ECL is suitable for this
kind of environment. ie. can it compile under mingw (I
would be writing stubs for stdio stuff to redirect
console I/O to the GUI and file I/O to CS's vfs).

It'll be used for UI customization, user input
dispatch, in config files, as a command console, game
object coding and if possible, as the AI personality
definition parser.

If you'd like to review the app itself, have a look at
http://unicorp.sourceforge.net. I'm redesigning the
whole thing, rewriting from scratch, I wrote some
notes on the new stuff (of which ECL will hopefully be
a part) at
http://unicorp.sourceforge.net/UC-Redesign.htm

Crystal Space is also on SF,
http://crystal.sourceforge.net

Thanks,

http://shopping.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Shopping
- Get organised for Christmas early this year!