[Ecls-list] socket support?

Jeff Bowden jlb at houseofdistraction.com
Fri Dec 14 07:52:03 UTC 2001

Dennis wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Although I still can't get ecls to compile with cygwin, I got it working
>under red hat 7.1.
>
>I do have one question however. Is there network socket support in ecls
>yet? I thought I saw a reference that there was but I can't find reference
>to it anywhere.

I just installed cygwin and built the latest from CVS on a win98 box.
 To make sockets work, you have to say --with-tcp to configure.  After
that, this simple test  from a comment in the source code works for me:

   (setq s (si:open-client-stream "houseofdistraction.com" 13))
   (read-line s)
   "Fri Dec 14 07:38:36 2001"