[clpython-devel] Cannot import

Willem Broekema metawilm at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 13:55:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Seo Sanghyeon<sanxiyn at gmail.com> wrote:
> I get a different error.

> debugger invoked on a SB-INT:SIMPLE-FILE-ERROR in thread: error
> opening #P"/usr/lib/python2.5/types.fasl": Permission denied

By default CLPython tries to write the fasl file next to the source
file, which is not allowed. To resolve it you could create a new
writable directory and copy or symlink all the standard Python libs
there. That's not a very nice solution, so let me know if you have a
suggestion on how to handle this issue. Writing the fasl file to a
temporary file, perhaps?

(If you have asdf-binary-locations installed, CLPython will use that
to determine the fasl file location, and you should not get this
error.)

- Willem