[clpython-devel] Will CLPython have a GIL?

Willem Broekema metawilm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 13:34:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Anand Patil
<anand.prabhakar.patil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Will CLPython have a global interpreter lock? Will it allow different
> threads to touch Python objects simultaneously on different cores?

My impression is that there is no need for a global lock: if CLPython
were running in an SMP-capable Lisp implementation then multiple
threads could execute Python code concurrently. But for that to work
correctly, first many parts of CLPython must be made thread-safe. I've
not given this any attention yet.

- Willem