[clpython-devel] import fails due to null search paths in *habitat*

Willem Broekema metawilm at gmail.com
Sat May 5 07:16:49 UTC 2007

On 5/5/07, Robert Dodier <robert.dodier at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running CL-Python w/ Allegro Express 8.0 on Linux.
> I find that import fails for anything except stuff in the
> current working directory. That appears to be because
> *habitat* has search paths = nil. I tried
> (setf (habitat-search-paths *habitat*) <stuff>)
> and that works OK for importing .py files but attempting
> to import built-in stuff like sys fails.

Setting the search path in sys.path should work:

>>> import sys
#<package @ #x107484f2>
>>> sys.path.append("~")
None
>>> import bar
; Fast loading /Users/willem/bar.fasl
bar
#<module `bar' from file #P"/Users/willem/bar.py" @ #x10eede5a>
>>> import math
#<package @ #x10d46d82>

> Is there some better way to establish the seach path?
> Shouldn't the built-in stuff be findable via the default seach paths?

Yeah, there was a typo in py-import, which used (excl:package-children
:clpython.modules) while the correct package name was
:clpython.module. Sorry for that, please update CVS and try again.

Importing modules should now mostly work, but there is still an issue
with importing mutually dependent modules.

- Willem