[climacs-devel] Re: a patch for climacs (mainly regarding COMPLETABLY-PATHNAME) + a gimmick

Max-Gerd Retzlaff m.retzlaff at gmx.net
Thu Sep 1 02:15:29 UTC 2005

Hello

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 07:46:37PM +0100, John Q Splittist wrote:
> Have you (MGR) given thought to how your file-selector could become a
> Dired application? Or, more modestly, a Bufed for climacs?

What is Bufed? But no, I want the File Selector to be a general
gadget of McCLIM to ACCEPT PATHNAMES for the appropriate VIEW.
(I'm not really sure (yet) whether GADGET-VIEW is the right class
to specialize it on.)

I don't think that such a thing should be included into Climacs.
But, on the other hand, I do not use Dired or even Bufed and
therefore I do not know what so special about it. But they should
probably be implemented as general CLIM applications/gadgets/whatevers.

Bye,
Max

--
Max-Gerd Retzlaff <m.retzlaff at gmx.net>