[climacs-devel] I can't get the Automaton system to load

Derek Peschel dpeschel at eskimo.com
Sat Aug 27 18:39:14 UTC 2005

Although I've set up the .asd files (hopefully correctly) ASDF keeps
complaining about the component "rt" which is the testing/rt.lisp file.

I'm running SBCL 0.9.0 on Mac OS 10.3.7.  Inside my home directory I have
.sbcl/systems which contains all the .asd files as symbolic links.  The link
targets are absolute pathnames inside my copy of the CVS tree.  I've tried
fiddling around in several ways -- splitting the two defsystem calls into
two separate .asd files, changing the name of the climacs.tests pacakge
to climacs-tests (in case ASDF's rules for generating file names cause it
to chop off the ".tests" and think it's dealing with the climacs package
a second time), and other miscellaneous ideas.

The rt.lisp file gets compiled but something is still failing.  What I
really need is better diagnostics from ASDF.  The manual doesn't say much
on that subject.  Does anyone have experience diagnosing and fixing this
kind of problem?

Thanks,

-- Derek