[climacs-devel] Re: Key Binding Proposals

John Q Splittist splittist at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 09:05:47 UTC 2005

Robert Strandh wrote:
> John Q Splittist writes:
>  > http://perso.wanadoo.fr/a.d.m/climacs-commands.html
>
> I did not realize you were in .fr.

I _was_ in .fr; now I'm in .uk, but I get back to .fr regularly, so I've
kept my Wanadoo connection. (Much cheaper than Rip-Off Britain(R), BTW...)

See patch for changes:

>  > 1. Remove 'Backward Expression' from M-a (keep M-C-b)

Done. Backward Sentence now on M-a.

>  > 2. Remove 'Forward Expression' from M-e (keep M-C-f)

Done. Forward Sentence now on M-e.

>  > 3. Remove 'Load File' from C-x l (lowercase-region in Gnu Emacs)

Done.

> OK.  Perhaps add it to C-c C-l, which is load-file in Emacs?

In SLIME... The next exercise is to do a SLIME/Zmacs/climacs comparison.

>  > 4. Move 'Beginning Of Paragraph' from M-C-a to M-{ and rename to
>  > 'Backward Paragraph'

Done.

> OK, provided it is doing the same thing.  Like is there not a
> difference as to what happens when already at the beginning of a
> paragraph?

Repeated invocations move the point ie. two Beginning Of Paragraphs move
 the point to the start of the paragraph before the one in which the
point was originally (if you see what I mean). So the 'Backward/Forward'
names work.

>  > 5. Move 'End Of Paragraph' from M-C-e to M-} and rename to 'Forward
>  > Paragraph'

Done.

>  > 6. Rename 'Cut Out' (C-w) to 'Kill Region'

Done.

>  > 7. Rename 'Copy Out' (M-w) to 'Copy Region'

Done.

JQS