[climacs-devel] Key Binding Proposals

John Q Splittist splittist at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 3 15:50:42 UTC 2005

I've put up a table of existing climacs commands and bindings, together
with a comparison to [Gnu] Emacs and [TI Explorer] Zmacs. See it here:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/a.d.m/climacs-commands.html

This exercise leads me to propose the following:

1. Remove 'Backward Expression' from M-b (keep M-C-b)

2. Remove 'Forward Expression' from M-e (keep M-C-f)

3. Remove 'Load File' from C-x l (lowercase-region in Gnu Emacs)

4. Move 'Beginning Of Paragraph' from M-C-a to M-{ and rename to
'Backward Paragraph'

5. Move 'End Of Paragraph' from M-C-e to M-} and rename to 'Forward
Paragraph'

6. Rename 'Cut Out' (C-w) to 'Kill Region'

7. Rename 'Copy Out' (M-w) to 'Copy Region'

Objections, further suggestions, commentary etc. welcome!

JQS