[clim-desktop-devel] Mouse-sensitive symbols in buffers!

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Sun Mar 26 14:39:27 UTC 2006

Simple, but cool:

(in-package :climacs-lisp-syntax)

(define-presentation-to-command-translator edit-definition
    (symbol com-edit-definition lisp-table
            :gesture :select
            :tester ((object presentation)
                     (declare (ignore object))
                     (not (eq (presentation-type presentation) 'unknown-symbol)))
            :documentation "Edit definition")
    (object)
    (list object))

(define-command (com-inspect-symbol :name t :command-table lisp-table)
    ((symbol 'symbol :prompt "Edit symbol"))
  (clouseau:inspector symbol :new-process t))

(define-presentation-to-command-translator inspect-symbol
    (symbol com-inspect-symbol lisp-table
            :gesture :describe
            :tester ((object presentation)
                     (declare (ignore object))
                     (not (eq (presentation-type presentation) 'unknown-symbol)))
            :documentation "Inspect")
    (object)
    (list object))

This will make various Lisp symbols mouse-sensitive when editing Lisp
code. Should this be in Swine? I think it's cool, but I'm not sure
whether it is genuinely useful or just a gimmick.

--
\  Troels "Athas" Henriksen
/\ - Insert witty signature