[clfswm-devel] Problems with MPlayer

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Wed Oct 24 19:39:52 UTC 2012

Michael Raitza writes:

> I can confirm that mplayer quits if switched to fullscreen. Haven't
> looked into it. Maybe some hint from the window manager is missing…
>
> Version used: SVN-r33094-4.5.3

Isn't it related to this (from the man page):

keyboard control
ENTER
 Go forward in the playlist, even over the end.

Please, try playing with -fs and -nofs options. And with different
drivers. And with more than one video.
It seems that in SDL fullscreen mode the modifiers are not handled.
So in this mode: Enter = Alt Enter = Alt Shift Enter = Leave mplayer if
at the end of the playlist.

To convince you, evaluate those two lines in the CLFSWM REPL:

(define-main-key ("a" :control) 'enter-frame)
(define-main-key ("a" :control :shift) 'leave-frame)

Test them without mplayer.

Start mplayer in fullscreen mode. Those two keys do nothing. But they
works as expected in windowed mode and change the aspect ratio without
any problem.

So, I think this is more a SDL/mplayer bug than a CLFSWM bug.

Please, can you confirm?

Regards,

Philippe

PS: indeed, after this, evaluate