[clfswm-devel] ./configure && make && make install?

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Sun Oct 21 21:26:35 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have deeply changed the load.lisp file so now it builds a clfswm
executable image in the current directory. It can then install it in a
different location. Also, if it can't find ASDF or CLX, it can ask to
download them from there web site.
So building the CLFSWM binary from scratch is as simple as this for each
implementation. We just need a lisp on our system:

clisp load.lisp
sbcl --load load.lisp
cmucl -load load.lisp
ccl -l load.lisp
ecl -load load.lisp

(At the time of writing, CMUCL doesn't link it. And ECL can build it but
it doesn't works as expected).

So the question is: Is there somebody who use the ./configure && make
&& make install method? Or do you use your distro packages or quicklisp?

If nobody uses the ./configure script, I'd like to remove it from the
source directory.

What do you think about this?
And indeed test and feedback are very appreciated.

Regards,

Philippe