[clfswm-devel] Can we use complete REPL in clfswm directly ?

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Fri Oct 12 21:51:45 UTC 2012

z. axis writes:

> The standard way is use slime to connect to clfswm.  However, it's
> sometimes convenient for us to use WM built in CL directly.
> In stumpwm, we press <Ctrl+t, :> to do evaluation which has many
> limitation. It is not a complete REPL.

In CLFSWM it's <M-t :>. This REPL has symbol completion and key binding
is nearly the same as a shell. And it's improved by Michael (patch
applied soon).

What do you lack in the CLFSWM REPL?

BTW there is also a server/client method in contrib. But I'd like to
implement one by X property change. This let the user with a REPL and
script communication not blocked by Xlib event timeout.

Cheers,

Philippe