[clfswm-devel] Bug, in case no XINERAMA extension is present

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Mon Oct 8 20:13:58 UTC 2012

clfswm-devel-bounces at common-lisp.net writes:

> The attached message has been automatically discarded.
>
> From: Michael Raitza <m.raitza at gmx.net>
> Subject: Re: [clfswm-devel] Bug, in case no XINERAMA extension is present
> To: clfswm-devel <clfswm-devel at common-lisp.net>
> Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 18:34:04 +0200
>
> Hi,
>
>> Thanks a lot, I've seen this with a FreeBSD test. I'm fixing it another
>> way because if someone want to use another default-init-hook (ie:
>> without requesting xinerama infos from place-frames-from-xinerama-infos),
>> the root structure must be the same as when detected by this function.
>>
> this I don't understand. In the case someone uses
> place-frames-from-xinerama-infos with XINERAMA disabled (as I did) this function
> just breaks directly, because its input values do not depend on anything
> else but the requested parameters from xinerama.
>
> Is there a fix for that already?

Please, try with the last commit (bbada27). It works here with XINERAMA
active or not. Does it crash (and where) for you?

The important part (I think) is src/clfswm.lisp default-init-hook.
If there is some XINERAMA infos, setup the screen from that. Else ensure
that there is at least one root and build the default structure.

If someone wants to use a different init-hook not based on XINERAMA, It
just has to respect the root structure as in ensure-at-least-one-root.

> Regards,
>
> Michael

Regards,

Philippe