[clfswm-devel] Packaged CLFSWM

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Mon Oct 1 13:53:30 UTC 2012

Ales Guzik writes:

> Hi,

Hi Ales,

> Are there CLFSWM packages for debian/ubuntu/redhat/suse available in
> official distro repositories? Is it available in ubuntu software
> center?

Desmond O. Chang is the maintainer for the Debian package. I think
CLFSWM go automatically in the Ubuntu repository.
Xavier Maillard has made a PKGBUILD for Slackware (but I have had no
news for a while). There is one for Gentoo too.
And I maintain the one for AUR in Archlinux (I need to reinstall it to
make the update).

I don't know for Redhat, Suse and others.

In the past, I've build a Linux only binary (based on clisp or
sbcl). But I think it's more easy  for end-user to use the distro
package system. And I think developers knows or can learn how to build
CLFSWM.

> Basically, I think we need to improve clfswm availability to end-users.

I think so. But as with Wikipedia: alone, I'm judge and jury.

Another thing, I used to announce CLFSWM news in a  french Linux forum
(linuxfr.org). It has some visibility but it's in french.
Where do you think we can share CLFSWM news? Some forum talks about it
as something to unearth[1] :-)
Maybe on usenet c.l.l?

Regards,

Philippe