[OT] Browsers Re: [clfswm-devel] SVN version with clisp 2.44 ?

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Sun Mar 23 08:08:51 UTC 2008

Xavier Maillard writes:

>    > If you are using firefox to browse the web, you can use Mozex
>    > http://mozex.mozdev.org/, so that it fires emacs or whatever editor
>    > you want to edit the textarea.
>    >
>    This seems to be nice but I use epiphany so I do copy/paste manually.
>
> Why this choice ? What does epiphany offer that would be missing
> in Mozilla Firefox ? (Note I do not use firefox, I never liked it
> -too bloated-. Though I am still waiting to see improvements.
> Maybe one day... Currently I am sticking on nero-el or precisely
> a fork of mine).

I found epiphany more responsive than firefox. It seems that gtk is
more fast than xul.
I have to test again konqueror but I haven't found how to really
maximize it with no toolbar.

I haven't found yet a web browser that convince me. I like dillo or
links2 but they are sometimes limited. Same thing for all emacs
browser I've tested.

I'm open to any new sugestions on webbrowsers (and no Opera is _not_ a
choice :)

Philippe

--
Philippe Brochard    <pbrochard at common-lisp.net>