[clfswm-devel] [BUG] clueless: sometimes CLFSWM won't respond

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Sun Mar 23 07:58:48 UTC 2008

Xavier Maillard writes:

> Hi,

> I am clueless with this bug but I face it at least three times
> since wednesday.
>
> I am pretty confident that at some point, an error is handled
> somewhere and the REPL takes control of my X session but I could
> not switch to the REPL so I am unsure.
>
> My X session does not die but I can't switch to any window/group,
> I can't call the second mode as if the REPL has caught the focus.
>
> The only solution till now was to kill the session and restart it
> again.

Please can you investigate (with some dbg for example) to see where
there is a bug.
One remark, to handle X errors clfswm use a with-xlib-protect macro
which handle and _ignore_ X errors or warnings. Maybe this macro is
too agressive and the state of the X session is weird after it.

You can also tweak the with-xlib-protect macro to see what's going
wrong. For example:

(defmacro with-xlib-protect (&body body)
  "Prevent Xlib errors"
  `(handler-case
       (progn
	 , at body)
     ((or xlib:match-error xlib:window-error xlib:drawable-error) (c)
       (dbg ',body c))))  ;; <- here

Regards,

Philippe

--