[clfswm-devel] Various ideas and propositions

Xavier Maillard xma at gnu.org
Wed Mar 12 01:00:15 UTC 2008

hi,

so I am playing with CLFSWM here for a few days now and here are
my "reflexions".

First, I think the project lacks a "coding style". I know it is
not the priority but I think we should adopt some basic rules to
make the contributing experience easier :) I do not know what
these rules could be though.

Second, we should throw asdf.lisp away. Its place is more in the
contrib section of the project than in the main area.

Another point. Why not create a directory hierarchy where we
could put all the code, documentations, etc ... ? Something like
src, doc would be enough to start.

I have still tons of remarks but I am finishing writing patches
to be more constructive.

The points here are all very small and easy to solve (if you want
to do so).

In a next post, I will probably talk about design flaws I see in
the project in its current state. Do not worry, that's not a big
deal too :)

Regards,

	Xavier
--