[clfswm-devel] Bad luck installing clfswm ...

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Mon Mar 3 22:17:41 UTC 2008

Matthieu Moy a écrit :

> Hi,

> I got some more time to try out clfswm, but I seem to be quite
> unlucky ... Last time, I was running clisp 2.42 from Debian unstable,
> and got multiple segfaults.

Hum, I got also this with the new-clx module. It's for this I run it
with the mit-clx module. But Shawn Betts (the stumpwm author) has
commited some bugfix to run stumpwm with new-clx.

> This time, I tried installing clisp (2.44.1) following the
> instructions on the wiki. But "make" fails:
>
> [...]
> ../src/foreign.d:17:64: error: avcall.h: No such file or directory
> ../src/foreign.d:18:63: error: callback.h: No such file or directory
> ../src/foreign.d:460: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘va_alist’
> [...]
Do you have libffcall1-dev installed?

> Then, I tried running the clisp provided with Debian. The good news is
> that Debian unstable now ships clisp 2.44, so I was hopping for the
> best.
>
> Unfortunately, I just get this :
>
> $ clisp load.lisp
> ; registering #<SYSTEM CLFSWM #x204D3CB6> as CLFSWM
> ;; Compiling file /home/moy/local/usr/src/clfswm/clfswm-internal.lisp ...
> *** - FUNCALL: undefined function XLIB::STRING-CONCAT
>
> 0 errors, 0 warnings
> $
>
> I have no idea where this comes from, since "grep -i string-concat"
> doesn't say anything in the clfswm source tree.

I have had this error on a Debian too. But I havn't had enough time to
see where it come from.

In all cases, I think the Debian clisp comes with new-clx which was a
bit buggy with version < 2.44. I havn't tried with new-clx-2.44.

Another thing, clear all .fas and .lib files when you switch from one
clisp version to another.

For some test and if you are not too limited in ram, you can test
clfswm with sbcl. You need to install cl-clx-sbcl.
And then load.lisp as usual or:

(require :sb-posix)
(require :clx)
(require :clfswm)