[clfswm-devel] CLFSWM wiki

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Sat Mar 1 14:58:23 UTC 2008

Philippe Brochard <pbrochard at common-lisp.net> writes:

> Xavier Maillard writes:
>
>>    wiki, a bug tracker built-in and a subversion browser that fit nicely
>>    together.
>>
>> Although I do not know Trac at all, why not provide a git
>> repository to host the project source code ? I find it easier to
>> use ;)
>>
> Hi Xavier welcome on this list,
>
> Common lisp.net provide a subversion system that is well integrated
> with the trac. I havn't found if they can provide a git repository.
>
> I'll make some test with the svn and go for it if it is easy to handle
> (I think it's more easy than CVS).

SVN is roughly in all points superior to CVS, and IMHO, it includes
ease of use.

As for Git, it's a bit different. Git is really cool, extremely
powerfull, but also has a few drawbacks (for example, the fact that
SVN is more widely spread, so a random service provider has better
chance to provide SVN than to provide Git, a random client machine
will have SVN more often that Git). That said, a raw HTTP webspace can
be enough to host Git, and Git is also available, for example at
tuxfamily.org.

But hey, if the goal is to go for a widely supported solution, why not
just migrate to KDE :o) !

(anyway, there's a pretty good git-svn tool, so you using SVN won't
prevent us from using Git).

--
Matthieu