[clfswm-devel] Some nice new features.

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Wed Jun 4 21:49:27 UTC 2008

Hi everybody, (if there is still somebody here :)

I've added some features since the last release and as I think they
can be really useful I talk about them:

1) Hide/Unhide capability: A child can be hidden/unhidden in its frame
   Or one can choose to unhidden a child from an other frame.

2) Raise/lower capability: Now the focused child is not necessarylly
   the first child in the frame children list.
   Use frame-selected-pos and frame-selectedt-child to get the focused
   child.
   With frame-selected-pos = 0 we obtain the previous behaviour where
   the first child is the selected child.
   With frame-selected-pos > 0 the selected child is lowered and below
   other children.
   Note: this may break some code (for example:
   leave-focus-frame-nw-hook)

3) I've added an (Mac OS X) Exposé like (with less eye candy).

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expos%C3%A9_%28Mac_OS_X%29

   Click on bottom corners to present windows.
   Bottom Right corner: present windows on the current root (ie: in
   the current workspace for more conventional windows managers).
   Bottom Left corner: present windows in the root frame (ie: present
   all windows in all frames).

Here are some videos to see what this looks like:

  Hide/Unhide:
    http://common-lisp.net/project/clfswm/hide-unhide.ogv

  Raise/Lower:
    http://common-lisp.net/project/clfswm/raise-lower.ogv