[clfswm-devel] Problem with revision 74

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Mon Apr 14 20:14:20 UTC 2008

Xavier Maillard writes:

>    > Now Typing M-t ! just works, err, partially. Actually it prompts
>    > me for a command to enter and then, it throws an error:
>    >
>    > ;; Loaded file /home/xma/etc/clfswm/clfswmrc
>    > DEBUG[1 - dbg]  *DISPLAY*=#<XLIB:DISPLAY localhost:1 (The X.Org Foundation R10300000) X11.0 #x204A6406>
>    >
>    > *** - XLIB:GRAB-KEY: :ANY is not of type XLIB:CARD8
>    > Break 1 [1]>
>    >

>    Well first, what is your lisp implementation, your clx implementation,
>    your distribution (maybe I can test directly with it)?
>
> This is CLISP 2.44 with these features:
>
> :ASDF-INSTALL :ASDF :CLX-ANSI-COMMON-LISP
> :CLX :REGEXP :SYSCALLS :I18N :LOOP :COMPILER
> :CLOS :MOP :CLISP
> :ANSI-CL :COMMON-LISP :LISP=CL :INTERPRETER :SOCKETS
> :GENERIC-STREAMS :LOGICAL-PATHNAMES :SCREEN :GETTEXT
> :UNICODE :BASE-CHAR=CHARACTER :PC386 :UNIX)

Ok, thanks.

>    Second thing, the only reference of grab-key is in xlib-util.lisp in
>    grab-all-keys. Which of the two :any cause the problem?
>
> It definetely is the code parameter.
>
> I tested with something like this and it works perfectly:
>
> (defun grab-all-keys (window)
>   (ungrab-all-keys window)
>   (xlib:grab-key window (char->keycode #\0)
> 			 :modifiers :any
> 			 :owner-p nil
> 			 :sync-pointer-p nil
> 			 :sync-keyboard-p t))

Ok, great!

> By the way, what is this :any thing ? I tried to find its
> definition but I failed.

:any is here to say to grab *all* keys. It's a way to avoid a loop on
all keycodes.

For information, my bible is here (CLX manual):

  http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~unk6/clxman/

BTW I revert to the old strategie where clfswm grab only needed
keys. And I have add some cases to handle properly the shift key in
the main mode. I find this more logical than to grab all keys and let
pass those where clfswm has nothing to do with.

> Regards,

Regards,

Philippe

--