[clfswm-devel] Focus and new window

Philippe Brochard pbrochard at common-lisp.net
Sun Apr 6 14:00:34 UTC 2008

Xavier Maillard writes:

>    > How can I control the focus with new created window ?
>    >
>    > I do not like the default to put the focus on a newly created
>    > window and I want to be able to control that behaviour.
>    >
>    > Typical use case:
>    >
>    > In emacs, I create a terminal. I do not want to change to that
>    > new window *but* stay on the emacs window from where I send
>    > orders to that xterm.
>    >
>    This is typically the goal of new window hook. In clfswm it's the
>    first child of a frame who takes the focus. You just need to swap
>    children when they are created.
>
> ... code ...
>
>    I've let this hook in the code. Just pull the last commit.
>
>    Hope that'll help,
>
> It is exactly what I wanted to have. Thank you very much for the
> code and the enlightenment about the hook.

Ah, nice. I haven't yet documented this hook on the wiki but I think
one can do some nice things with it.

> By the way, am I alone having difficulties to pull from the git repository
> ? Each time I am pulling, there are conflicts I have to resolve manually.

No you're not alone: I have the same boring problem.
I've read some more docs and change the rsync part of the commit (ie:
git repack + git clone /tmp-dir + git update-server-info
Before only the git update-server-info was done).
I hope this solve the problem. BTW you may have to clone a fresh copy
of clfswm (now with pack it's faster than before).

Philippe

--
Philippe Brochard    <pbrochard at common-lisp.net>
                      http://hocwp.free.fr