[cl-wiki-devel] Problems getting the remote address

Stefan Scholl sscholl at common-lisp.net
Mon Sep 26 22:22:55 UTC 2005

On 2005-09-26 19:52:20, Stefan Scholl wrote:
> At the moment you can only access this information when you use
> Apache+mod_lisp+TBNL or a proxy in front of TBNL stand-alone.
>
> And I think I have to make a config option to tell CL-WIKI if it's
> used behind a proxy.

The option is called "reverse-proxy" (default NIL) and must be
set to t if your stand-alone TBNL is behind a proxy.

The saved remote address is NIL when a stand-alone TBNL without
reverse proxy is used. Otherwise the address mod_lisp or the
header "X-Forwarded-For" (proxy) tells us.

I think most of the people will use Apache+mod_lisp or a reverse
proxy (e.g. lighttpd+mod_proxy) when the wiki is accessible by
the whole wild net. In any other case it's not very important to
remember the remote address of every user changing a page.