[cl-wiki-devel] cl-wiki: goals for development?

Ian Clelland clelland at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 07:40:45 UTC 2005

On 9/1/05, Stefan Scholl <sscholl at common-lisp.net> wrote:
> Authorization and user management will be needed, too. But
> optional and discouraged in the spirit of wikis.

I tend to run all of my web services behind an apache front-end; by
policy, apache is the only HTTP server I ever expose directly to the
Internet. So authorization isn't a big thing for me. Any access
control I need to implement can be done at the apache level.

What's more important for me is that config file; I'd really like to
have things like *wiki-directory* and *wiki-template-directory* in a
plain text file somewhere; that'd make integration with apache much
easier.

I think that what initially attracted me to cl-wiki was its
simplicity; I liked the fact that I could read all of the source code
and easily understand what each piece did, and how to extend it,
should the need arise. I think that, whatever new features get added
to it, we should try to preserve that kind of simplicity.

Regards,

Ian Clelland
<clelland at gmail.com>