[cl-wiki-devel] Problems getting the remote address

Stefan Scholl sscholl at common-lisp.net
Sun Oct 2 11:28:06 UTC 2005

On 2005-10-02 13:13:23, Vehbi Sinan Tunalioglu wrote:
> > the whole wild net. In any other case it's not very important to
> > remember the remote address of every user changing a page.
>
> Yes, but why is it so hard to get the IP address of the connected
> client? That seems ridiculous. Is it not possible to hook the TBNL code
> to get the IP address? I'll try next week...

It's a problem with KMRCL, too.

Only after changes in KMRCL _and_ TBNL you could access the
socket. At the moment just a stream is available. And without the
socket no remote address. :-(

By the way: Beware of open ports! KMRCL doesn't listen on a
specified device. When using mod_lisp or mod_proxy the port is
accessible from the outside. But I can't think of any security
problems regarding this fact (atm).

Regards,
Stefan